Roasted Beet, Hazelnut, and Bufala Salad
This salad is off the chain. It's like a salad that only has goodies.
- 3 red beets and 3 yellow beets
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 big chunk of bufala mozzarella
- 1 package of your favorite microgreens or mixed microgreens
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 T olive oil
For the dressing:
- 2 T champagne vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 tsp shallot, minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Roast your beets. I rub them with olive oil and wrap them individually in foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. After they are done, Let them cool a little before running the under cold water. The peels should slip right off. Cut them in little wedges or however you like to eat them. Set aside. I separate the yellows from the reds until serving so the yellow ones don't get stained by the red ones.
- In a skillet, Toast the hazelnuts, making sure they don't burn. Pour in the oilve oil and maple syrup, salt, pepper (also any herb or spice here is great too if you like) and coat the hazelnuts. Cook for a minute or two longer and let cool on a baking sheet.
- In a saute pan, cook the shallots in veg oil until soft and translucent.
- Throw the browned shallots, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and olive oil in a blender and blend until emulsified.
- When ready to serve, make a little bed of microgreens, a few wedges of beets, hazelnuts, some hand torn chunks of bufala, and drizzle with dressing. Mix well and enjoy.