Purple Potato Pesto Pizza
Check out this crazy loud pizza. Aren't these colors amazing together? You imagine too how great it tastes with the mild potato, rosemary, pesto, salty feta, spicy jalapeno, a little truffle oil? Potentially this pizza could be called patriotic for a 4th of July or Memorial Day dinner (for the mildly colorblind who lump this beautiful purple into the "blue" category) :)
- 1 cup of
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 purple potato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Enough dough for 2 pizzas. I'm a fan of Bobby Flay's easy dough
- 2-4 cups of shredded mozzarella
- parmesan for sprinkling
- fresh herbs (I used cilantro above)
- Heat the olive oil and cook the potato slices until slightly underdone. Toss with rosemary, salt, pepper, and set aside.
- Toss zucchini in a little bit of olive oil, set aside
- Follow instructions for Bobby Flay's pizza dough, linked above. When you have your pizza dough ready, stretch out each of the 2 balls of dough into thin 14" rounds.
- Top with pesto, cheese, potatoes, red onion, peppers, jalapeno, garlic, feta, parmesan, and bake on your heated pizza stone at 475 for about 20 minutes.
- Right out of the oven, drizzle 1/2 tsp of truffle oil on top and sprinkle with extra parmesan and or fresh herbs.