Miso Glazed Salmon with Mini Pommes Anna
Baked salmon and mini buttery pommes anna.
- 1/4 cup organic sweet white miso
- 2 T mirin
- 2 T soysauce or tamari
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 T ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 6-8 oz wild salmon fillets
- 3 yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup clarified unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Make the marinade by whisking together miso, mirin, tamari, orange juice, ginger, sesame oil, and honey
- Rinse your fillets and pat dry. In a baking dish, pour the marinade over the fish and coat well. Let sit in the fridge for an hour.
- In the meantime peel and wash your potatoes, and slice them with a mandoline. I used potatoes on the small side to fit my little baking ramekins. You could also use muffin tins for those gigantic muffins.
- Take your ramekins or muffin tins, and grease them. Layer a concentric overlapping ring of potatoes, brush each layer over with the clarified butter. and season each layer with pepper and salt. Keep going until all the potatoes are gone.
- Preheat oven to 400
- On your middle rack put the potatoes in and bake for about 20-30 minutes til the potato edges look crispy and browned. I think I overdid it in the above pic, but you get the picture.
- Take your salmon out of the marinade, and place in a shallow baking pan lined with foil. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Raise the oven temp to 450
- Bake for 15 minutes.